Seeking an Event Coordinator, EOA, Gauteng
New position: Posted Friday 7 April 2017
EOA, based in Hyde Park, Johannesburg are looking for a dynamic event coordinator!
Assist and report to the Senior Events Manager and Executive Management in the seamless execution of events / projects. Ensure all administrative requirements are adhered to in-line with the organisation's procedures.
Main Event Roles and Responsibilities
* Assist with preparing budgets and provide progress reports to the SEM for each event
* Keep track of event finances including invoicing and reporting of same to SEM on an ongoing basis
* Conduct research and coordinate appointments and visits to view venues, and scheduling of events and activities in the calendar/s
* Prepare and modify event contracts / SLA's as requested
* Assist with managing on-site production and clean-up for events as necessary
* Prepare nametags, materials, notebooks, packages, gift bags, registration lists, seating cards, etc.
* Responsible for booking of venues
* Arrange food and beverage, order supplies and audio-visual equipment, work closely with the travel coordinator on travel arrangements, order event signs, and ensure appropriate décor to meet the quality expectations of the organisation
* Gather information on each project to achieve quality event productions
* Create and revise room layouts for each event
* Propose new ideas to improve the event planning and implementation process
* Serve as liaison with suppliers / clients on event-related matters
* Maintain a calendar of events and implement a system / process that enables and anticipates long term and effective event management for the organisation
* Conduct research and develop feasibility reports on new events
* Provide adhoc administrative duties as and when required by the SEM
* Close out all events as required.
Education, Knowledge and Skills Required:
· Relevant Diploma / Degree
· 3-5 Years in similar role
· Experience within the Pharmaceutical/ medical environment advantageous
· Strong interpersonal skills
· High attention to detail
· Must be able to work towards deadlines
· MS Office
· Ability to handle pressure
· Must be "hands on" and a Team player
· Must be able to prioritise and multi task
· Floor management at the event
· Must be available to work over weekends and after hours
Remuneration commensurate with experience.
Applicants to provide a summary CV including 3 recent contactable references.